Saturday, August 15, 2015

Baby On The Way!

A few days ago I got a very special early birthday present…I’m pregnant!  

It is super SUPER early but I can hardly contain my excitement!  

I know typically it's not very common to do a big announcement so early, but I don't care, I can't NOT talk about it. I want people to know, I want the prayers and the support.  I have been very open with our losses and with wanting to have another baby, so of course I am going to be open and want to write about getting pregnant again!  

I had an appointment with a maternal fetal medicine doctor Thursday afternoon, which happened to be right at when I would have been due to start my period so I took the test that morning so that I would know before the appointment.

I was quite shocked when it was positive!!!  We have been not preventing and/or/trying for 6 months and I had prepared myself for another negative test like the previous months.  It is hard to describe what I felt when I saw those two lines…

Excitement... I just had to jump up and down….eeeeekkkk!

Thankfulness…  I thank God more than anything for allowing me to get pregnant again. 

Relief…  I had been questioning if I would ever have the privilege to be pregnant again.

Peace…  I have so much peace in my heart with this pregnancy. I know God is in control and I believe we didn't get pregnant right away months ago because He was waiting for this specific time, this was His timing. 

Anticipation... Very much looking forward a new baby to love and grow our family!

Joy… My heart smiles at the thought of having a baby growing inside me.

It is pretty amazing how an extra line on a stick can change everything!

It is pretty amazing how something as small as a poppyseed can already change how you feel physically. I had been feeling exhausted and had increased appetite several days before I even tested.

So, I had my appt. that afternoon, the Dr. had me start taking a baby aspirin after seeing a slightly abnormal level with a blood-clotting thing (I don't know all the fancy names) according to the blood tests I had done in June.  Then she ordered several more blood tests to rule anything else out or to see if there are any other steps we need to take besides just the baby aspirin (and of course the prenatal vitamin I have already been taking) to make sure the doctors and I are doing everything we can for a healthy pregnancy.  I know, unfortunately too well, that there are no guarantees, BUT I am very confident in this pregnancy and in God's hand in this.  

As the happy reality is sinking in, along with morning sickness gearing up a bit already, I am just constantly thanking God.  When I pray, I pray for a healthy pregnancy and a healthy baby, of course, but more than anything I pray to tell the Lord THANK YOU!

I would appreciate all your prayers during this pregnancy!  I will be giving many updates, I'm sure! 


Birthday gift from my mom :)
Cherish...Awaiting a Miracle






No comments:

Post a Comment