Wednesday, December 2, 2015

20 WEEKS!

Wow, halfway already!?!

Finally, I thought it'd take forever to get to this point!

Both of those exclamations have gone through my mind this week as I am officially halfway through this pregnancy.  But mostly what comes to mind is...

THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! PRAISE GOD!

I love having the obvious baby bump, a lady that didn't even really know me came up to rub my belly yesterday, that's when you know you look pregnant instead of just that you gained a bunch of weight! YAY! HA!

So, I had my "big, 20 week" ultrasound yesterday, baby was moving around showing off his hands and feet, I love it!  He was measuring exactly where he should be, which was so awesome to hear.  

I saw my doctor right after the ultrasound and she said he looks great, everything looks perfect....except one little tiny thing.  He had what they call a "bright spot" on/in his heart, which has been considered a marker for Down Syndrome. (the ultrasound tech spent extra time looking at his heart from several angles before she was happy with the images she got so I wasn't completely surprised for the doctor to say something about his heart)  BUT, it is only one minor marker, he has none of the 15 major markers, so she, my doctor, in no way thinks that he has Downs.  It's just something to be aware of and I will have another ultrasound around 28 weeks.

We went through something similar with my now 3 year old at her 20 week ultrasound,  except her spots where on her brain, and by the time I had the next ultrasound they were completely gone and she was perfectly fine.  Having a positive experience with something like this already helps keep any worries that creep up in check.

Truthfully, even though I know he will be fine and that this really isn't a big deal, I was still upset.  I mean you just want to hear that your baby looks perfect. Period.  Instead of hearing, yeah he looks great, except....

It just took away a bit of that excited, happiness that I wanted to feel right after the ultrasound.  But I do feel it now, the relief I wanted to feel afterward, cause other than that he looked so good!! I just needed to get a good cry out and then I just accepted it.  It is what it is.  Which really is pretty much probably like 99.9% totally nothing.

And actually, I'm very thankful, it could have been something much much worse, if there was going to be an "except" in my doctors words, I am so glad it is something like this instead of a million other things that could be "wrong".

Plus, on the bright side I get have another ultrasound and see my baby again in 8 weeks!





  


No comments:

Post a Comment