Wednesday, April 22, 2015

My stage of Motherhood right now


My youngest turned 3 this week. I am not use to this…since I started having babies almost 12 years ago I have never had one turn 3 without me either being pregnant or having another baby (or two) already.   Life has slowly evolved into this new stage, but at the same time it happened so fast! There is no longer the need for 2 cribs, 2 highchairs, double stroller, etc. I was use to having two babies at all times for the most part (I have had babies as close as 12 months apart) and now I don't have any “babies”. 
Part of me is brought to tears as I pack away things, for the “just in case there’s another” hope.  But part of me is totally enjoying the freedoms that are coming from them being older.  No scheduling plans around naps, no diapers, they can all walk and talk and feed themselves, etc.  But they eat more! More of them are school age which can make homeschooling challenging at times. No more itty bitty baby snuggles.   Such mixed emotions!  
Another thing that is hard is that I when I think of my newly 3 year old little girl I don’t think my BABY is 3, because to me she is not the baby, yes, she is the “baby” here on earth but there were two after her that are “the babies” of the family.  So that just affects my emotions more when I think of the stage of motherhood I am in at the moment, makes it harder because it makes me think I should have a baby right now, I shouldn't be at this stage of no babies! but then also makes me even more grateful to have all these children that I do have and thankful they are growing up, healthy and strong. 
I met a mom at the park the other day that when I saw her I thought that was me a few years ago, she had 5 children all close together like mine, hers’ where all still so young/toddlers/babies, oh how I remember the days, how quickly those days have passed!  Mine are still fairly young, I know, but not like that.  How did I become a mother of big kids??!! I was so use to being the mother of babies and toddlers!
Big ones working on school work and little ones coloring (and eating treats) at the local coffee shop
  I have been looking back some pictures from several years ago seeing how much they all have grown, such precious memories, makes me feel so blessed!  They are pretty awesome no matter how old they are….hopefully I am still saying that when I have a houseful of teenagers in the future!  I think I calculated that at 2 different times we will have 5 teens a once! Fun times ahead, right?!   Love the stage you are in, it goes by so fast! And if you don’t love it, well, it doesn't last long anyway!   


My "12 month apart babies" 2009
 
Summertime 2010
Summertime 2011
Early fall 2012
The 3 year old!! 

No more strollers or baby carriers when we go outside, everyone can run around and play! 



No comments:

Post a Comment