Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Advent with Kids...connecting with community-moms blog!

I want to share with you guys the post I wrote for Me Too Moments For Moms, it's about what we have done in the past couple years to celebrate the season of Christmas with the kids.

The season is coming up fast!  All the stores have Christmas Tree displays set up and Christmas music is playing on some radio stations!  I haven't gone that far yet, but I have started Christmas shopping already and even wrapped a few gifts! (my plan is to NOT wait Christmas Eve to wrap everything this year!)

Now is a great time to be planning for Advent with your kids, you can begin collecting some supplies you might want to use (books, craft stuff, baking staples, etc) to be ready for December 1st!  As I talk about in my post, I like to do something Christmas related everyday December 1st through the 24th to make our countdown to Christmas fun and memorable.

Just last week my sister-in-law, nephew, and my mom came over for lunch and a craft time.  My sister-in-law found the idea (thanks, Pinterest) to make big felt Christmas Tree's and felt ornaments for little ones to take on and off for play.  We made over 25 ornaments per tree (we made a tree for her house and our house) so I was thinking of putting numbers 1-25 on them and incorporating them in our countdown, I haven't figured out exactly how I want to do that yet but it was a fun project.

I also recently came across a Jesse Tree ornament set that we will use this year as we go through Ann Voskamp's book Unwrapping The Greatest Gift again.  You will see in my post that we just used ornaments I had printed up and the kids had colored last year.

We have a lot to be thankful for this holiday season and I plan on making the most out of it!  Please head on over to communitymoms.wordpress.com/2015/11/17/advent-activities-with-kids/ to check out more ideas!

No comments:

Post a Comment