Thursday, March 12, 2015

Just thankful for the nice weather...

Ahh, finally some nice weather!!  It is early March, this winter has been rough, with all snow and frigid temps we have been stuck in the house too much.  This week the kids and I have done a lot of things that we haven't done in months: taking walks, playing outside with scooters, running errands.  I hate taking all the kids out in the winter so we typically avoid going anywhere that we don’t have to, it has been great to just get out and enjoy it.  Things don’t feel like a hassle when it’s nice outside!  
     On Monday, besides going to all the dance classes we went to Kroger, Great Clips, Dollar Tree, and the library, all walking distance from where the girls take dance.  We also went into the post office so that my older two girls could mail letters to South Dakota and California, requesting information on Mount Rushmore and Redwood National Park.  Yesterday we walked about a mile around our neighborhood and played outside, met a new neighbor, then I walked for almost an 1 1/2 hours during dance in the evening (when usually I would be sitting on my butt inside!).  Today we met a friend for lunch and then walked to Target from there to get dance tights, I love being able to walk between places instead of having to get everyone in and out of the van.  Came home and played outside, for the record half of the kids can beat me in a race!  This evening when my husband worked late I had to take all the kids to dance rehearsal for 2 of the girls but it was no big deal because we just went outside and the kids ran around (vs if it was a week ago it would have been freezing cold with snow on the ground, I would have had to bundle everyone up, and then try to keep them entertained and somewhat quiet inside the building).  
It’s amazing how much the weather affects everything, at least for me.  I plan on taking advantage of anytime it is nice out this spring, we have very cold winters and very hot summers around here so it makes me (and the kids) just even more thankful for days like this.  The nice weather and sunshine is making my soul happy.  I have desperately need it! 
She kept saying to everyone: "Don't step on my shadow!"

Trying to ride her brother's scooter.

The snow is melting!!

He is getting his shoes all muddy!
Can't believe this little girl will be 3 next month!
She still likes being carried in the Ergo, sometimes, it burns twice as much calories when you take a walk with an almost 3 year on your back, right?! 




No comments:

Post a Comment